Sunday 20 May 2007

Well done Angela....

Many congratulations go to my big sister Angela and her two running partners, Lesley and Carol, who completed the BUPA Manchester 10K run today in a great time of 1hr 8 minutes. As a result she has collected a massive £730 in sponsorship money which will go to Cancer Research. Thanks to my dedicated readers who assisted in this great achievement. I went to see her finish the race and the photo was taken shortly afterwards, thanks Ang and well done. Bad point of the day is that I was overheard saying that I would compete next year!
Had a great weekend, feel good and looking forward to a week of normality, knowing that I am not going to be kicked in the guts in a few days time. I do get tired quicker than normal and need to rebuild my strength over the next few weeks. I am trying not to think about next Tuesday but of course it does cross my mind every now and then. I am determined to remain positive.

Once again, well done and thanks to Angela.
KYPU..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic result - well done to your big sis......! Our sponsorship is already there for your 10K run next year, Chris - no going back now :)

Enjoy your week of 'normality' (what is that again??!)

Veronica

Kelly Kane said...

Kudos to your sis!! You should have been wearing your "Cancer is my bitch" tshirt at the race, but I'll get over it for now :)

Hooray for not feeling crappy anymore for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Well Done Angela and the girls

Anonymous said...

Thanks to Chris for coming along to support us - we ran all the way!
It was a great feeling kowing that every step was helping a great cause.
A huge thanks you to all who have supported me and sponsored me. I couldn't have done it without you.
A special thanks to Alan (my Agent!) who has tirelessly rallied support and encouraged sponsorship.
It was great to see Chris 'on good form' on Sunday - long may it continue.
Lots of love,
Big Sis xxx