Sunday 13 May 2007

PET scan tomorrow!

Have my PET scan in the morning, something that I am not sure if I am looking forward to. It involves being injected with a radioactive liquid that goes into you blood stream and they scan the gamma rays being released. For a few hours, I will be Radioactive Man!
These scans are relatively new to cancer research and with each unit costing over £4.2 Million to establish, I am so lucky to have one within a 30 minute drive.
The weekend has been OK with today the worst day of the week so far, horrible body aching and a bit of a sore throat. I keep telling myself that it is down hill from here and I won't feel the same again.
Finally, I apologise if my last post was too forward. It was not aimed at anyone and I would like Angela to raise as much money as possible for her efforts.

Thanks and speak soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. It's the start of the end of your journey! Just make sure you don't move......!!

We survived our sponsored walk today and have raised a fantastic £600 for the Lymphoma Associaton. Thanks for your family's contribution.

All the best tomorrow - hope your red Radioactive Man suit is washed and ironed......!

Veronica

Kelly Kane said...

Hey Chris! Good luck tomorrow, PET scans aren't that bad, I've actually falled asleep during them before :) I'll be thinking good thoughts for your results! Tell Vicky I say Hi!! You should be getting your package soon, I can't wait!! Keep your pecker up!

Kelly Kane said...

PS after my last PET scan I was all radioactive and I actually set off an alarm at the hospital! How fun!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, Thinking of you today, hope it's not 2 uncomfortable for you. Lots of Love Tina & Boys xx

Wullie said...

Hope all went well Chris!

Wullie

Anonymous said...

Somebody еѕsеntially asѕіst to makе significantlу postѕ І woulԁ state.

This iѕ the very fiгst timе I frequented your wеbsitе ρage and thus far?
I suгprised with the anаlуsis уou maԁe
to create this partiсular put uρ incredible.
Eхcellent pгocess!

Also ѵiѕit my webpage :: how to stop snoring - www.youtube.com