Monday 28 May 2007

A great week..

Well what a great week we have had after the news on Tuesday! Took about a day to accept that I had to have more treatment and immediately made plans to enjoy the next few days. Arranged to take the kids out of school Thursday and Friday and off to Wales for a few days. It was great to spend some time with them knowing that during their two weeks school holidays I would be under the influence of Chemo 7. We just chilled out and let them loose with their friends and it was good for all of us.

Yesterday, 27th May, was Vicky and my 12th wedding anniversary and we had arranged to see Josh Groban in concert in Manchester so my Mum and Dad volunteered to take over the child care for a few days and we came back. As it was a special day we booked in to the fantastic 4* Palace Hotel in Manchester and made a night of it. The concert was great, better than we thought it was going to be, and it was nice to relax after in comfortable surroundings.

So, the last week has been good for all of us and we have made the most of my first chemo free week. Shame all that will change tomorrow when its back into the treatment! Can't say I am looking forward to the next eight weeks, but if it finally hits the buggers where it hurts, then its worth it.

Pictures show presents from Kelly Kane in the US, Cancer is my pain and will only be my bitch once its is gone for good. The bandanna will be useful as my locks continue to fall out and I am beginning to look more like Kojak every day, and with two more chemo's to go, who knows what the end result will be!

Right, I'm off to read up on Boston as I fancy the DUCK tour trip myself......(with Vic).
KYPU

2 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

I'm glad you got to enjoy the time off from chemo and enjoy the concert! Nothing like staying in a fancy hotel to celebrate your anniversary. I'm excited that both you and Wullie think the Duck tour sounds fun...I'll get you both out to Boston to celebrate cancer being our bitch! And don't worry, I'll take lots of pictures when I go. Also, hoooray for posting the fun pictures of you and Vicky! They made my day! Talk soon at KYPU!

Veronica said...

It was great to speak to you this afternoon, Chris. You sound like your week of fun has given you the strength to get through the next couple of months - and you will!!!

Duck Tour this time next year?? Now, that's something to look forward to!

Oh, and congrats on your 12th wedding anniversary - we're hoping Wullie will be out of hospital for our 5th in July (I know, we're really still newly weds! ;)

KYPU and all the best for tomorrow.......x