Tuesday 29 May 2007

CONFUSED.COM

This story has more twists than an Alpine road!
I went to hospital today expecting a 7th hit of Chemo and came out with what I think is good news! Confused yet?

Hospital visit started normally for a chemo day, bloods, waiting for the oncologist etc. After the phone call last week we were expecting to be told that there was a trace of Hodgkin's still to be found and that I would require another 1 cycle of chemo and radiotherapy after. During the discussions with my oncologist it became clear that I would not be needing any more chemo as the affected area (under left arm pit) was clear following the PET and CT scans (YIPPEEEE). There was a trace on the PET scan in my right neck area which was a cause for concern, but the feeling was that this was caused by an innocent infection and is NOT related to the Hodgkin's Lymphoma and that no further treatment was needed. Both Vicky and I looked at each other not knowing how to react? Was I clear or not? I asked if they could complete another PET scan in a few weeks to see if it was still there but this was rejected as the recommended course of treatment was radiation treatment and CT scans at 6, 12 and 24 months. The oncologist could not give me a definitive answer which I found difficult to accept to start with, but after time, I recognise that he was giving me an honest opinion with the results of tests that he has.

So its bye bye chemo suite.... hello radiation suite! Appointment on Thursday with Radio Man to find out schedule and be measured up.

Confused? I don't know weather to be happy at the lack of HL in my arm pit or confused with the seed of doubt that has been sown? I will try to be both and make good of the next few weeks and digest the ever changing information!

Cheers and KYPU!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really positive news mate. Thinking of you and Vik constantly.

DB and the clan.

Kelly Kane said...

I'm taking it as good news - I bet ya it's just an infection in your neck! I think they said my nose lit up when I went for my PET scan - I had a sinus infection when I went. So yay for you not getting anymore chemo and being "normal" for a little while longer - until radiation begins :) Hooray for good news!!!

KYPU!!

Kelly

Veronica said...

OH MY GOD!!!!! What a mind-f**k! No wonder you're confused. We're constantly having to remind ourselves that this whole cancer business is NOT an exact science, but I find it kind of shakes my faith in the system. I want a doctor to completely 100% know what's happening (that's why I thought they studied so hard?)BUT the upshot is that you've had your LAST chemo, buddy. As for radio, not fun, but short-lived......it'll soon be a case of 'Hodgkin's.....? Oh yeah, I had that once........!!'
Once you've got your head around this new twist, I bet you won't stop smiling!!!!
Take care........x (KYPU!)

Anonymous said...

Great news, no more chemo,what a lovely feeling.ENJOY.LOVE LORRAINE B

Anonymous said...

Oh Chris that is FANTASTIC News I'm so pleased for you! Enjoy thses next few days b4 radiation on thurs.
Love to you both Tina & Boys xx

sandrawood said...

Deus abençoe o Dr. Momoh por seu maravilhoso trabalho em minha vida, eu fui diagnosticado de CANCRO DA MAMA por alguns anos agora, e eu estava tomando meus medicamentos, eu não estava satisfeito que eu precisava tirar o CANCER do meu sistema, eu procurei por Alguma cura possível para CANCER DA MAMA eu vi um comentário sobre o Dr. Momoh, como ele curou CÂNCER DA MAMA com sua medicina herbal, eu entrei em contato com ele e ele me guiou. Eu pedi soluções, ele começou o remédio para a minha saúde, ele me enviou o medicamento através CORREIO SERVIÇOS POST. Eu tomei o remédio como prescrito por ele e com algum período de tempo eu fui curado de CANCRO DA MAMA.
Dr. Momoh, verdadeiramente você é grande.
Você precisa da ajuda dele também? Por que você não entrar em contato com ele através de seu e-mail: drmomohherbalcenter@gmail.com seu também pode ligar para o seu número de celular +2347051839672
O DOUTOR MOMOH PODE COMO CURA A DOENÇA SEGUINTE: -
1. HIV / AIDS
2. HERPES VIRUS
3. CÂNCER
4. SÍFILIS
5. Hepatite B
6. ANTHRAX
7. SMALLPOX
8. INFLUENZA VIRUS e.t.c