Monday 7 May 2007

Last Chemo in the morn

The day has almost arrived, my last planned Chemo is bright and early in the morning. This is another big milestone and something that has seemed so far off in the past and I am looking forward to walking out of the Chemo suite for the last time. The whole cancer thing is about setting goals, the initial shock and staging, starting treatment, finishing treatment, scans, results, further treatment and the years in remission and so on.
Both Vicky and I have found the past few weeks hard, knowing that this part of the treatment is nearly over and I think that we will find the next two weeks difficult with scans and the dreaded results. Vicky knows how I have reacted and felt during the whole episode and I need her support more than ever. I continue to feel for the kids as they are missing out on some nice days out (we were supposed to be camping this weekend but I just did not have the strength) and with tensions running high they have felt bad vibes and after a quick trip by the United Nations peace has been restored!
No picture to reflect this post so its up to you!

4 comments:

Veronica said...

Hi Chris - 3 little words: STOP FEELING GUILTY! Cancer hits the whole family, but just because you're the one with it doesn't mean you're to blame! Hodgkin's sucks but in the great scheme of things it is a blip and you and your family will bounce back, all the stronger for meeting HL! And don't worry about the kids, they're made of rubber and will bounce back higher than any of us!!

Stay strong - we'll be with you in spirit tomorrow.......x

ps - it's supposed to be a good summer this year so plenty of camping to be had!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris this is Terrie Fitz, (admin covering Lisa's maternity).

Just wanted to thank you for the letters you sent us and informing us of your progress. All at work wish you the best! I have just read your diary blog and think your positive attitued is inspirational.
Hope your last chemo treatment went okay and you bounce back in no time! I've just hijacked my sons computer to post this but hope to hear from you soon.

All the best!

Terrie x

Kelly Kane said...

Hey Chris -

I have a feeling tomorrow's chemo will be a breeze - old hat for you now and you've got so much to look forward to! I agree with Veronica, you're not to blame and don't take it out on yourself - the kids will forget the one day you were cranky. Soon we'll be able to say, oh yeah, I USED to have hodgkins! Keep that pecker up!

Anonymous said...

Some great messages folks.

It's great to know so many people are there to support Chris.
Your comments are very true and well made.

Thanks all,
Love Lala (aka Big Sis)