Thursday 28 June 2007

Perfecto!

The cooking instructions stated:
  1. Slowly marinate in a variety of spices for three months, topping up frequently.

  2. Check that all areas have been effected by scanning from various angles.

  3. Cook at 1,000,000 oC (See instruction manual for gas) for three weeks, turning frequently, watching not to burn outer skin.

Result - Cancer free living?

That's it, today I walked out of Christies Hospital in Manchester knowing that I will not go back in for any further treatment, finished, fenitoed, gone, no more! A great feeling for Vicky and myself after 5 months. Another chapter of this tale completed and a new one begins, hopefully with a very happy ending. Feel good, skin on shoulder burnt and red in color, but other than that all OK.

My next appointment is on August 13th with Prof Radford and the next scan is in October. These will give negative results (i.e. no cancer) and my time in remission begins. In the meantime, I need to slowly build myself up and get fit for the future, including work, after 7 months off! I have to admit that I look forward to getting a normal life back again and interacting with friends and colleagues.

Off to put my feet up and watch Tim Henman for the next 3 hours (oh he's just lost) and loose some weight!

Cheers

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cor blimey!

You Hunk!!

Anonymous said...

You put that Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vx

Anonymous said...

ok it was Rachael (sis) then!

or was it Veronica, who always says the right things in the right way and makes people feel very special.........Chris has got a smile on his face now xx

Anonymous said...

>>>>sneaks in ....

<<<<< sneaks out <<<<<

Anonymous said...

sneaks in...sneaks out.....?????

Is that a clue??

crikey, I think the penny may of dropped!!

Kelly Kane said...

HOOORAY! I'm so excited for you to be DONE!!!! What a relief!!!!! And I LOVE your fun picture, you're nuts! I hope you get your strength back soon, have a drink tonight and celebrate your freedom!!

Anonymous said...

Great news. We've all been with you, counting down to this day. No one will be more delighted than you and Vicky. The pair of you have been absolute stars and (despite the ups and downs) have coped tremendously. We are all so proud of you both.
Make the most of the next few weeks - but without over doing it. If you are really lucky I might dust my bike off and meet you along the Middlewood Way (I know a few good pubs en route).
I was going to say 'I bet your peckers up now' but it sounds a bit rude!
Have a great time in Amsterdam at the weekend.
Lots of love and big cuddles,
Lala xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, absolutely fantastic news, really impressed by your courage and so proud of how strong vicky and the kids have been for you. Hears to a brighter and healthier future.love to you all. Andy x

Anonymous said...

oh jeepers Chris did you have to write that lovely poem...reduced me to a quivering wreck.....boohoo. Hey that's great you have been "done" to a turn...nicely frazzled are you..crisp at the edges just like someone I know likes his bacon!!!! when I had my cancer removed Chris, I had SO SO much support that I just KNEW I couldn't fail with all the love out there....nobody can EVER explain how good it is to hear from people, when you are down, unless you've been there yourself..don't you agree.? again, I have to sign out as anon...unfort. just let's say we have a mutual friend. I am wishing you well all the way and sending warm wishes to you all

Anonymous said...

Ok anon, can't you just give us a clue? ..I suggest, 'the sound of music', am I close...Vxx

Anonymous said...

ok. Anon, we will just say a big thank you for taking the time to read the blog and I know Chris has appreciated every comment!

If you want to email privately, please do on www.powerparry@yahoo.com
or super privately on www.powerparry2@yahoo.com (chris doesn't have my pass word to that one)-Like bank accounts you have to have a few!!!!!!!
Many thanks

Vickyxx

Anonymous said...

Aww, I wish it had been me, you ARE special, Chris (not to mention a hunk - but don't tell Wullie!!!)

So glad you're done - we sent a little surprise for you, it should have arrived today - ENJOY!!

Veronica x

Anonymous said...

ANON ANOn.......correction to my super private email is

powerparry2@yahoo.co.uk

not com.

set up for buying gifts etc....honestly x

Anonymous said...

Thanks Veronica, thats lovely of you! Postal strike today, damn....

fatandforty said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,
I hope you have had a great weekend.
We'll catch up soon,
Love Lala x

P.S. maybe you could cook me up something special! or maybe we could just go to the Pub?!

Kelly Kane said...

Oooo you should be seeing Genesis right now!! I hope you are enjoying the show, and I expect reviews when you're back!!

Kelly