Monday 11 June 2007

Frank!

Well, that's 1 Radiotherapy session down, 14 to go!
No problems encountered during my first 'ZAP'. After a short consultation with the Radiotherapists I was taken into the room and introduced to 'Frank', the Radiotherapy machine...(think about it....)
Most of the time in to room is taken up getting you in position and lining your four small tattoos up with the machine. Once complete its evacuate the area for all others and off we go. I get 2 'ZAPS', one from the back and one from the front. Each one lasts for a massive 12 seconds - it takes longer to get dressed after! I have been warned that side effects may include burning of the skin, tiredness, nausea and sore throat and it will get worse with more visits. Glad to say that after my first experience, I did not have any side effects and hope that this continues.
Besides the above, I feel great, possibly the best for six months. I need to re build my strength gradually and look forward to not having further treatment, the light is getting bigger?

Right off for another frying, speak soon!
KYPU..

4 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Last year I worked with a guy named Frank - I used to go up to him and say "Frank, can I be Frank with you" sometimes I used to prank call him and say that too...yeah I'm tapped :) Good to hear things went well so far, I owe Vicky an email, tell her to stay tuned!

Anonymous said...

Great news Chris.
Lets hope the other zaps are equally manageable. You just seem to be able to take everything in your stride.

Looking fwd to seeing you back at work.

Take care and give Vik a big squeeze.
DB

Anonymous said...

Hi, hope things aren't too quiet today for you.....!

Thinking of you x

ps. Get the iron out.

Anonymous said...

When you've finished you can come and do mine!
Lala x