Wednesday 6 June 2007

Radiotherapy

Attended my pre Radiotherapy appointment today at Christies to get measured and marked up. A really nice appointment during which I was shown the procedures. Had to lie in the required position so that the radiologists and clinical oncologist could make sure they zap the right area and mark me up with four permanent guide spots. In all I was at the hospital for 90 minutes, one of my shorter appointments, and I have my schedule for the next three weeks.
Other than that it has been a nice week so far, the sun is shining and I feel a bit stronger. I am paying a visit to work tomorrow to catch up and begin the return process. I have to say that they have been fantastic during my Hodgkin's experience and for that I thank them. It is nice to know that at times of need they back you up and take away any un-necessary pressures. I am sure that there are a lot of companies that would not be as understanding!

Roll on Friday when the frying begins!

KYPU

5 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Hooray for finding some extra strength these days!! The end is so close, just a lil radiation and voi la! You'll be done!!!! I can't wait!

Veronica said...

Bring it on, eh, Chris.......and so the countdown begins.

Love the 'random picture'! Hope you don't end up looking quite so frazzled at the end of your dose!!

Take care - we'll be thinking of you tomorrow from sunny Dumfries!!

KYPU.........x

Wullie said...

Sweet!
All the very best for Friday.
No doubt Veronica will call when we get back from our jolly to see how things went.
Not long now buddy! I should be done and dusted in 7 weeks max. A bit of a rest and then paaaaarrrrrr - taaaaayyyy!

Wullie

Anonymous said...

on my break at work-Hope you are having fun packing. A bottle of wine on the beach, just the 2 of us tonight would be lovely and maybe even a bbq.

See you later

Chill out-whatever!!!!!

Love youxxx

Kelly Kane said...

Hey Chris!

I hope the first round went okay and that you get to enjoy the weekend. Thinking of ya!

Kelly