Friday 15 June 2007

AOB

The end of another week and my first full week of Radiotherapy which has gone better than I expected. Not too many side effects, a bit of tiredness and headaches if I don't drink enough water! My shoulder tingles for about 2 - 3 hours after treatment but there is not too much discomfort - yet!
We have no plans for the weekend apart from the usual kids parties and shopping for Anna's school trip to the Isle of Man next week.
I must mention a few people, Kelly Kane in the US who had her final chemo yesterday following 6 months of treatment, Wullie Currie in Scotland who starts his Stem Cell transfer next week and will be in total isolation for 4 - 5 weeks and Daz of Arran (well Aberdeen) who visits his company doctor next week to get the all clear to return to work. All of the above are recovering from Hodgkin's Lymphoma and have been a great support to Vicky and myself during the past few months. I wish them well during the next few weeks and will be thinking of you. Visit their blogs, very different but with the same story, if that makes sense.
Finally, thanks to my taxi drivers this week. I have not chanced driving after radiotherapy and have managed with the help of my Mum, Dad and Alan, Father in law who have all driven and waited patiently for the machines to be fixed. It was funny sitting in the waiting room for my turn as you could see people's surprise when I got up to go for treatment and they remained seated. Most patients are much older than I and it dauned on me that it must be a strain on them seeing me in this position. I can't say sorry, that's the way it is, but I can say thank you again for all the support for Vicky, the children and myself.
Off to get the DNA results from Gezza Kyle!
KYPU
C

10 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Good to hear that radiation isn't so bad for you!! And thank you for the congrats in your blog, I'm very excited to be done - but you know me, I'll still keep my blog up to date. I'm thinking of you and Vicky often and can't wait for your rads to be done later this month!!

Kelly Kane said...

And PS where's the music???! Vicky told me you were going to copy me and post some tunes, so I'll be checking tomorrow to see if that gets done :)

Anonymous said...

Well done Chris, you have got through your first week, only one more to go.(yahooo!)

We are all really REALLY proud of you, your bravery has been astounding (blimey thats a big word for me on a saturday morning!)

You looked better the other day than I have seen you look in months, its was lovely to see.

Love Rachael, Clive,and boys xx

Wullie said...

Hey hey.
Hope you're getting spoiled rotten this Fathers Day. I had a good long lie in and a fry-up breakfast in bed... magic!
All the very best with the rest of your rad. I hope they are all as uneventful as they have been so far.

and get the tunes up.

Wullie

R said...

Hi Chris.

I'm glad your first week of radiotherapy has been okay for you. I hope you've been pampered this weekend and good luck for next week.

Rach

Anonymous said...

Half way there now big nose !! Stay positive. Plan to see you very soon.

DB and the family. xx

Anonymous said...

Hello chris tried to send you a 2coment" before but not sure if you ever get them.... Rooting for you all the way...well, anyone who supports SHARKS can't be bad...even tho. we have never met I know of your fight through "a friend" shall we say.....ooh now that's got you thinking.....I had a different kind of BIG C few years ago...big op and fingers crossed I'm ok...well at least I think I am but perhaps think that when they took the thing away I think they took some of my short term memory as well...or is that just anno dominii. (yes) all the best Chris..anon

Anonymous said...

awesome blog, do you have twitter or facebook? i will bookmark this page thanks. lina holzbauer

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog and i really appreciate the excellent quality content you are posting here for free for your online readers. thanks peace dale tuck

Anonymous said...

Thank you amazing blog, do you have twitter, facebook or something similar where i can follow your blog

Sandro Heckler