Tuesday 12 June 2007

Frank!!!!!!!!

Three down, Twelve to go!
So far not alot to report on the radiotherapy side (picture shows 'Frank') although they have changed my dose from 12 seconds each side to....wait for it.....ten seconds each side! My only complaint is the delay in treatments, the first day 20 minutes, day 2, 1hr 10 mins and today 1hr due to 'Frank' breaking down whilst I was on the table? Try lying still for 30 minutes on a glass table with your head cocked to the right and your arm at right angles! I was told that if I had an itch then the student radiotherapist would do it for me to keep me in position, I took one look at Phillip and decided to struggle! In the end they had to re position me which took an additional 5 minutes. I have had no obvious side effects although tonight I did feel really tired.
Other than the inconvenience of having to take 3 hours out of my day for treatment all else is good. If I continue to feel the same in a weeks time I am planning to start slow physical work to re build my strength, something I am looking forward to starting. Maybe I will get that new bike that Santa forgot to drop off last year?
Nothing else so I'm signing off, will update at the end of the week.
Cheers and KYPU.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't sure which one was Frank!?

Glad all going well. It's great to see you getting back on form. Not long now.

KYPU.
Love Lala x

Kelly Kane said...

Good to hear you're still doing good and avoiding side effects!! 3 hours is a small price to pay to be done with cancer!!!! :) Soon enough you'll be done forever!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling ok Chris, keep going, you are nearly at the finishing line (hoorah!)

Rachael xxxx