Tuesday 3 July 2007

Turn it on again

Just returned from a weekend of relaxation, rest and window shopping in Amsterdam, oh and did I mention the FANTASTIC Genesis gig at the Amsterdam Arena...
It has to be one of the two best live gigs I have been to, the other being Pink Floyd at Main Road. It is 15 years since the last tour and with no new material the boys (or oldish men) were able to go back to their roots and perform classics like 'In the cage', 'Ripples', 'Carpet Crawlers', 'I know what I Like' and 'Firth of Fifth', not as a montage, but in full version with amazing sound. Along with Phil and Chester beating the hell out of bar stools and drums the whole gig was great and made the weekend a huge success. Thanks to Alan for coming with me and using his previous experience to show me the sights of Amsterdam...and there are some, I tell you! Also got to thank Vicky who put the weekend package together for us, we really appreciate it.

I feel really good in myself, with the Radiation 'Sunburn' causing a little discomfort and my lungs slowly returning to improved capacity. I will start my strength building this week with some short walks and cycle rides (if the rain ever stops). I am determined to continue my good feeling by getting fit and returning to the bronzed stallion that you saw on my last post!

Finally a note to Wullie, KEEP YOUR PECKER UP. It is tough for you at the moment, but it will get easier in the near future and that will result in long term joy for all. Remember, you only need two foot prints at the moment, relax and when you are ready you can stand on your own two feet. Cheers.
Speak soon

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last time you and I were in Amsto I seem to remember some incident in the womans sauna....!

Glad your feeling good mate.

DB

Kelly Kane said...

Good to hear that you enjoyed your trip!! How exciting for the training to begin as well! I'm still a bit tired so I'm putting it off for a few more days, but soon enough I plan to at least be walking the pup everyday :)

Anonymous said...

A fantastis weekend is the understatement Vicky really did us proud, fantastic hotel, great seats at the gig. It was great being with Chris on the other side of his treatment.
It was a privelege spending time with someone who gone through this and come through so positive

thanks to you both

Alan

Anonymous said...

We are delighted that you had a great weekend. When are returning the favour for Vicky??

Keep getting better,
Lots of love
the Poynton Posse xxx

All the best to Wullie.
KYPU. Lala x

Ian Coop said...

All my training and your back spending all the cash.

Always had faith in you , all is looking great, time to review all we have discussed for the Thomas family over he years.

Hope to see you for a pint soon
Ian