Friday 20 July 2007

Who is David Beckham!

Played my first game of 5 a side football (Soccer for the guys from the other side of the pond!) tonight for six months and feel really good. Thought that my lungs could give up after 5 minutes, but managed 1hour with the lads and scored a few goals!
Another step towards normality which is great and feeling good is a great motivator. Celebrated with a few pints of Guinness, to keep the red blood cell count up......honest! This time last year I was playing rugby for my company in the Malaysia Airlines 10's tournament and tomorrow night there is a reunion which I would like to go to. We had a really good laugh last year with some top blokes and it will be great to see them again, what a year since!

Vicky thinks I have the look of DB, do you agree? I like to think of myself as having a party six!
Speak soon and KYPU.

6 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Glad you're getting some energy back!! Go you healthy man! I actually still haven't had a beer, maybe tomorrow I'll have one, it's a slow process for me :) And of course you look like DB, ha ha ha! Party six!! Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Not to be confused with the original DB !!

Anonymous said...

I think you do look like David Beckham ( if ive got my eyes shut that is!)

Glad you are feeling brighter Chris, the football will do you good.

Rach, Clive and boys x

Veronica said...

Glad you're back to football, good for you for getting over that hurdle.........x

David Beckham's got NOTHING on you, Chris..........has he kicked the Hodge's ass???? Has he, huh?? Plus, your Victoria is much much much lovelier than his......x

We'll have to check David Beckham's blog - I'm sure he'll be posting a similar post - 'I wanna be Chris Thomas'!!!! (OK, I know, I should quit while I'm ahead!!)

Hope you go to your reunion - keep having fun, that's what life is all about (or so they keep telling me ;)..........xxx

Wullie said...

Guinness and football.
Can a man ask for anything better? You must have felt good after that.

Glad to hear the fitness levels are coming up. I'd manage about 10 minutes of football right now... and I'm a 'keeper!

Anonymous said...

Yes DB, I was meaning you!!! Gorgeous....David Beckham has nothing on you, no way.

Hi to Lorraine and the family

Vxx