Tuesday 27 March 2007

Chemo #3..

Had Chemo number 3 yesterday and so far so good. Felt a bit sick last night but woke after a good sleep and feel A OK! The Lymphoma nurse inspected my arm pit again and said it felt normal so I think we are well on top of the little buggers! Did not experience any problems at the hospital, in and out within 4 hours. As I have 6 chemo sessions in total, some say I am half way there but I still have the side effects to get through, so I will not be there until I am over these, hopefully after roughly 8 days. Hope this will be in time to enjoy the Easter break with the kids.
It makes a massive difference waking to bright spring sunshine and I will take advantage of this over the coming weeks to get out in the country. I am very lucky living a short walking distance from the foothills of the pennines and there is no better place to reflect on life during times like these.
That's it for know, speak later.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Chris, mind you if it's a pleasant spring evening walk you want, the "ring of bells"would be a nice walk for you and an easy one for me.( dont tell Nana)


" WELL WISHER"

Anonymous said...

Hope the side effects don't stop you enjoying the sunshine. Just think of all the chocolate you can have next week - good for energy they say. The odd pint or two with your 'well wisher' may also help!
Keep your chin up and take it easy.

We're thinking of you here in Poynton.
Love Lala and the boys xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi CT JH gave me this address, it takes me back as I grew up with my mum fighting the same illness.
You are very brave I admire you and think that as well as your treatment your positive approach will mean you will be back to full fitness soon.
No doubt a life changing experience.
Just wanted you to know I wish you well AH.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, hope you are feeling ok today xx

Rach x

Kelly Kane said...

Hello my cancer friend :) I found this message board site that I thought you might enjoy as well - what can I say, I've had a lot of free time on my hands lately.... anywho, just keeping you in the loop. I hope all is well and you're feeling good. http://forums.webmagic.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?Cat=&C=1

I'll keep checking for updates!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,
Hope you are feeling better as the week goes on. Thinking of you.

Speak soon,

Lala x

P.S. thanks to everyone who has been sponsoring me for my run. Thanks to your generosity I have reached my initial target and as a result we will be able to raise even more valuable funds for Cancer Research UK. Brilliant news. Cheers.
Big Sis x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.