Saturday 17 March 2007

The Big Red One!

No that's not a side effect of the Chemo!

Red Nose Day today and I have spent the evening in front of the telly trying to cheer myself up as I have gone back to the 'Yuk' feeling today. Whole body aches and I can't get to sleep (look at the entry time of this!) and this is the third night of sleep deprivation. Snapped at the kids tonight and feel really poo, until now they have been OK but I know that it is me and not them.

Had a visit from a certain Farmer Giles which is making an already unpleasant toilet experience even harder. Getting to know what it may be like to give birth but on a much smaller scale and that is enough!

One thing to look forward to, forecast is for snow on Monday! I can watch the country grind to a halt from the warmth of my bed instead of behind the steering wheel! Mind you if its forecast snow then I may get my hammock and sun glasses out?

Will try and have another go on the sleep front, wish me luck.

Note good comment from Mrs T about how to leave comments on my posts. See comments on previous entry. Always good to get your feedback on my entries.

Thanks

4 comments:

Daz said...

Chris, hope your drinking plenty of water - 3 litres plus per day for a week after each chemo, help the kidneys and the farmers. I'm also struggling with the kip, I think its the steroids I'm on, only 3 days supply after each chemo then back to normal. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Chris, say hello to farmer Giles for me, and by the way

Two guys who haven't seen each other for 20 years bump into each other.
"How are you?" says one.
"Great. And you?"
"Yes, fine. Well, apart from the old trouble - piles!"
"Blimey, you're not still suffering with piles are you? I cured mine 15 years ago."
"Tell me more," says his mate.
"Mine are still so painful. I've tried ointments, pills and everything else, but nothing works."
"Just use a tea poultice," says his buddy.
"Make a pot of tea, and as soon as you can stand it, slap a handful of hot tea leaves on the piles. Try it twice a day for a fortnight and they'll clear up."
His mate is absolutely ecstatic at the news, and twice a day for a fortnight he slaps hot tea leaves on his piles. But all to no avail. He's so despondent that he dashes round to his GP and strides straight into his office.
"You've got to do something about these bloody piles!" he yells.
"I've tried everything I know," says the doc. "What else can I do?"
"Well. you've got to do something. I've even tried a tea poultice but that didn't work either," says the guy.
"Crikey," says the doc. "I've never heard of that. Let me take a look. Drop your trousers. Turn round. Bend over. BLOODY HELL."
"What is it? What can you see?" asks the guy.
"You're going on a long journey, and you'll meet a tall, dark stranger," says the doctor.

Kelly Kane said...

Hang in there Chris, your turn, be POSITIVE :) Keep writing and I'll keep reading!

Kelly

The Jock Strap! said...

Hi Mr T!

I don't want to be the only person leaving any negative vibes but was really shocked by your news and held back a tear or three reading your early blogs - but wow what a difference a few weeks can make. If you can get through all the shit years of GlobeGround, this will be a walk in the park. Keep the good humour going. Can't wait to see you on Thursday and I'll add your blog to my favourites.
LOL
K xx

PS - have I told you I'm a granny!
PPS - Didn't realise Vicky was such a heifer!