Wednesday 7 March 2007

About time!

It feels great not to wake up feeling 'Yuk'! Its been 9 days since Chemo 1 and the last of the side effects have gone. Main problem over the past few days has been bad stomach ache brought on by constipation and lethargy. Have not been able to sleep and can confirm that night telly is worse than day time. Have 5 days to rest and recover some energy before it all starts again! No sign of hair falling out yet although expect this over the next week or so.

I have always been brought up on the saying 'no pain - no gain' and hope that this is the case. Remaining positive and looking forward to spending some quality time with the kids over the weekend.


Vicky has continued to be a rock to me. How she has remained positive I will never know and I am glad that she has got back into the swing of collage and work to give her another focus. I love her as much as I did on our wedding day although I am glad she has lost a little weight!

The kids continue to be great. I really dreaded telling them and using the 'C' word but they have taken it in their stride and understand when they have to leave me to rest. Hope this continues in the future.

No a lot else to report so speak again later in the week.

Thanks

4 comments:

DEEBEE said...

Yeh...she was a little chubby back then !
Keep strong you two.

DB

Kelly Kane said...

Hey there. I stumbled across your blog, I also have hoggkins lymphoma, stage 2a diagnosed in December 2006. Check out my blog www.chemopalooza.com

Hope all is well. Feel free to email me if you want to chat.

Kelly

Kelly Kane said...

Good luck tomorrow with round 2 of chemo! I'm 2 ahead of you! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice photo! It's a good job Vicky has a sense of humour.
Keep getting better.
Lala x