Friday 24 August 2007

We are sailing....

Survived my first week at work, well three days, as I am staging my return. It was really nice to see old faces again (as in not seen for a while - not old old!) and I received a warm welcome even though everyone is really busy as it is peak holiday season. I felt really tired at the end of the day so it shows that my body is not ready for a full on slaught - yet.
Vicky and I are off to spend a few days together this weekend, kid free. We are booked on a mini cruise from Southampton to Cork in Ireland on the Navigator of the Seas cruise liner for four days. Really looking forward to putting our feet up and spending some quality time together with a few luxuries thrown in! This thing is huge and even has an ice skating ring, climbing wall and 1000 seater theater. We leave for the long drive south late tonight and return on Tuesday.

This evening sees the return of the Rugby season so Dan and I are off to see Sale play the Samoa National team in a world cup warm up game which we are looking forward to.

All in all, thing are looking up with many positives and not many negatives, a complete swing from May 2007, just 3 months ago! I do feel that I am looking back on the whole experience and I can't believe that it all started over 7 months ago, time does seem to have flown.

Right off to find my sea legs, I think they are in the shed!
KYPU

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great cruise you two..

Rgds
DB

Veronica said...

Geez, you lucky people - though, of course, everything you deserve! Enjoy your child-free break and make sure you spoil yourselves!

We'll give you a call next week to discuss one of your holidays next year!!

Enjoy...........xx