Sunday 19 August 2007

Hi HOOOOOOOOOO........

Hi ho, Hi Ho, its off to work I go......
After seven months off its back to work on Tuesday. I am looking forward to it but I have to admit I am a bit apprehensive at the thought. My company have been great to me during the whole absence period and I can only thank them for that, it took a great deal of pressure off me when I most needed it. I am starting back on a part time basis, aiming to work 6 hours a day 3 day a week initially, slowly increasing it to normal hours over the next few months. The one thing I don't want to do is go back too quickly and burn myself out, resulting in further absence and disruption for all, it will be hard enough motivating myself and getting the old brain working again!
Last week has been good with a game of five a side football, playing Golf with my Big Bro, Ady and some other mates and spending time catching up on the huge list of jobs that has accumulated. It really is great to feel stronger week on week and not to have the big grey cloud hanging over your head is a huge bonus.
Speak soon and KYPU
C



4 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Good luck at work on Tueday!! And good idea with slowly getting back into a routine, it's a very reasonable of you!!! Keep us posted!!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,
Good luck for going back to work. Take it easy and let yourself back in gently.
Lots of love,
Angela Karl and Ieuan xx

Wullie said...

All the best for tomorrow matey.
50 bucks says you;ll be like me, though! I went back to work on a partial return and was only supposed to work 2 days a week. That lasted one week and I was back full time.

I'm so pleased this nightmare is behind you and normality is just around the corner. Let us know how it feels to be back in the rat race!

Veronica said...

Well............I survived my first week back at work.........how 'bout your week, feeling good or completely knackered.

Thinking of you all......I will be in touch............xx