Thursday 12 April 2007

Motivation - and I need it.

Three pieces of motivation received today:
  1. Great news from Daz of Arran, a HL blogger given the all clear today after his PET scan. Can't wait to be in the same position.
  2. Dates for my CT and PET scan confirmed for week beginning 14th May and by then I will have the last of my chemos behind me.
  3. Mrs T has written a great quote on the comments section from my last post following an unfortunate comment made to us that did not go down too well. I really wish some people would think before the mouth goes into action - this is very real! I am in this position and have to make the best of a bad time, I did not ask to be here and I don't think I deserve to be either. (Quoted below)

Still feel poo after Chemo 4 with bad sickly feeling and the aches. Every time I think of the hospital and injections I fell sick which is not good. Looking forward to the kids returning from Wales tonight although I have to say the peace and quiet has been very nice.

Quote" Common sense tells us when catastrophe befalls us it's more productive to have a good attitude, to have gratitude, faith, hope, and lend a helping hand to those less fortunate. That's the ideal goal. Sometimes despite our best efforts, we fall short of this: we complain, feel sorry for ourselves, feel alone, that we've been dealt a hand we don't deserve. We may harbor resentments for those who've disappointed us, misunderstood us, avoided us, or even deserted us. This may lead us to isolate and fall into further despair.The challenge is to reclaim who we are. We can start by letting ourselves off the hook and giving ourselves the compassion we so desperately need. We can give ourselves permission to take as much time as we need to regain our health and our strength, permission to weep out loud at the loss of our hair, permission to curse God for how sick we feel. We can take back our power and dignity by talking out loud and without shame or apology about our illness or why we need help. Its not our fault we got cancer and there nothing that says we are bad or defective if we don't conduct ourselves like Mother Teresa. (Even saints have their defects.) But we can't do this alone."

Speak again soon

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris and Mrs T !!

hope you enjoy the game tomorrow Chris :) AND (I hope you got the steak you so much deserve!)
looking forward to spending some time with the children tomorrow. Lets hope the sun stays out and they can enjoy a game of football with the boys.
Cant wait to see the wig! lol
Take Care
Tina & Boys xx

Veronica said...

Hi Chris,

Just read your comment on Wullie's blog - thanks. He should be out of hospital tomorrow and when he's up to it, I'm sure he'll be in touch. Only you who are truly going through it really know how shit it is. It's bad enough for the carers but we can only imagine the hell you guys are going through.

One thing I have realised, though, is that although Cancer is the crappiest of the crap it seems to find a way of bringing out the best and strongest in people - even on bad days!

Your 'Daz Day' will come too....!

Veronica

ps - check out some of the "Dumb Things People Say" on Lymphoma Forum - good for raising a smile and reminding you, you're not alone in dealing with ignorance!

Anonymous said...

Well, I could disclose some personal information that I know about you Chris, but I guess its just toooooooo much info (oh god! I drove home from your house with that thought in my head!!!)

Worst thing was, I got home, told Clive, and he said "Yes, its true, he showed me" YIKES!!!! ( he later said he was fibbin, but hmmmmmmm im not so sure!! ha ha!)

Keep going, you CAN do this!! we are with you all the way xxxxx

Rachael xxx

Ha ha,

Anonymous said...

P.S

Great to read about your friend getting the all clear, that is excellent news, please pass on our best wishes.

You are past the half way stage with your treatment, very soon you will nearly be at the end, you have been and still are very brave xx

Rach x

Kelly Kane said...

Hey Chris - You point me in the direction (and put me on a plane) of the person that pissed you off and I'll beat them up -- I'll kick their ass with chemo! :) I'm sorry you're feeling crappy, hopefully the aches are wearing off by now - just take lots of drugs, seriously, it's the only way to get thru it. And as for your friend Veronica's comment about the Dumb Things People Say... yeah I started that post, someone told me to get hair extensions and didn't understand if your hair is falling out, nothing will stick to it!

Thinking of you!!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed your rugby game Chris, we were thinking of you.

Love

The Stalker!!! (Rachael)

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris.
Sorry this week has been poo for you. I hope you are feeling a bit better soon. Nice to know you have a date for your CT and PET scans - gives you a target and a countdown. I can't start to pretend I know what you are going through but I am with you all the way, thinking of you every day.
Try to take it easy - maybe the Queen or Dr. Who could take your mind off the waiting!
Keep your chin up and your sense of humour intact.
Lots of love and big hugs Lala x

Anonymous said...

Great news about Daz. Send him my best wishes.
Lala x