Tuesday 24 April 2007

Another one bites the dust....

A classic title...

Completed Chemo five yesterday, only one more to go (hopefully). Had a really good talk to my oncologist about future treatment and the benefits of radiotherapy and PET scans. I think I have decided to remain on the clinical trail and have the PET scan followed by the possibility of radiation treatment. At the end of the day I really don't fancy been zapped and having and all cells in the way fried! I thought that having radiation treatment under my arm pit would be safe but that can't rule out the lungs and heart being caught in the outer reaches of the treatment!
Following Chemo 5 felt very tired and a bit nausea's. Collapsed in bed and slept it off, waking this morning feeling still tired but not too bad. Tiredness is really starting to have an effect, even on my good days. I only had one full day last week with no midday sleep and felt very tired after completing small jobs. It brings it home how much this treatment is taking it out of you and that recovery will not be complete once treatment is over. I need to think about diet and fitness once I can start my convalescing period.

Managed to go and watch my eldest son in the Matlock Mini rugby festival on Sunday. They came second on more than one occasion but we all had a good day and they did their best. Days like these are really important and the memories will last a long time.
Aim to rest totally before my final planned chemo session, I really don't want to be hit by any delays.
NB. Wig due to arrive early next week...honest!
Thanks

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Hi Chris - glad to hear you had a good talk with your oncologist. Things can grow arms and legs during the 2 weeks between appointments, but if you've got a doctor you feel comfortable speaking to, it's half the battle.

If you've checked out Wullie's blog you'll know that he's finished his stem cell collection - 5 million little blighters all ready for if the stem cell transplant goes ahead. Wullie's a happy, but knackered, man tonight!!

All the best to you and yours,

Veronica