Monday 31 March 2008

Your help please....

Hello everyone, appreciate it if you could give up a minute and read this.
I will be running the Manchester 10K in 7 weeks time and would appreciate your support. I know that you may have a few requests for sponsorship in the run up to the event, but if you could help me then that will be great, if others, then I understand.

Simply copy the above and paste. It only takes a minute to make an online donation and the site is secure.
This time last year I watched my sister Angela run the Great Manchester 10K raising money for Cancer Research as I was in the middle of Chemotherapy to cure Hodgkin's Lymphoma. At the end of the race I made a comment that I would do it in 2008 and guess what..............she did not forget!.
So here I am, raising money for Professor Radcliff's Lymphoma Research fund based at Christies Hospital in Manchester. This charity is very close to my heart as the research to find new treatments, and even a cure for Hodgkin's Lymphoma is vital to all future patients.
I was very lucky to have a hospital like Christies on my door step during my treatment and the staff are second to none so please help me in reaching my modest goal of £500.00.
I will be running with my brother and sister, Adrian and Angela, so there will be a small competitive edge to the day, and I can guess who will win!!! My goal, to finish!
Thanks for your support and KYPU.

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Our donation will be with you shortly, Chris - much respect to you. I did a 5K a few years ago and that was more than enough of a challenge!! So muchos kudos, Chris!!
Make sure and post a post-race picture for us all to see!

Take care - love to the family.......Vx

Anonymous said...

Will have my donation to you soon x

You can do it!

Rach , Clive and boys x