Sunday 3 February 2008

7000 hits....

I have just noticed that my blog has had over 7,ooo hits, I must be on about page 50 of a Google search!

I have just read that Wullie has closed his blog and can understand why. I closed mine in August thinking that I was over it but I soon realised that the emotional part of Hodgkins remmission is only just beginning. I think differently and I would like to share the ups and downs with any new sufferers so the odd update will continue, but only when there is something to say.

Last Monday was my offical 1 year since diagnosis and referal to Christies Hospital to the Oncologist. It was on my mind a lot this last week and I am very concious that I am not out of the woods yet but I am having a good go at staying on the parimiter for the next 18 months. Doing positive things really does help take your mind off the negatives but it is always there.

Skiing was fab, great snow, sunny weather, fab resort and top company - all the ingreadients for a memorable week. I missed Vicky and the kids more than ever but three nights is not along time.
Also great to see Steve in the play ground looking healthy again. Keep it going.

Nothing else of note to add so I will sign off for now and update when needed.

Cheers and KYPU

Chris

8 comments:

Veronica said...

Congratulations on the 7000 hits!!

Watch this space, there may be a new 'Currie' blog hitting the internet soon - a more family orientated account of a 'PC life' (Post Cancer life!!!).

The emotional fall-out has been quite something for us......and a huge learning curve!! I'll be taking over the blogging as, being female, I'm more prone to talking about the emotions ;0)!

We'll let you know when it's up and running........not going to be as exciting, but hey there's a gap in the market!!...........stay happy, Chris............xx

Anonymous said...

Blimey 7000 hits!!

Cant believe how fast 12 months has gone, what a roller coaster 12 months its been for you all.

Im still sneaking on to see if you update your blog, and glad to see that you are.

Rachael x

Anonymous said...

Dear Chris

I am a Senior lecturer in Radiotherapy and Oncology and came across the blog when looking for some bits on side-effects of radiotherapy.

Great to see such a positive and real view, the ups and downs of being a person with cancer. Thank you for your honesty and I will definitely put this the way of my students so that they see what benefits there are for the patients they are treating with radiotherapy. Good luck for the future. Paul Brown

Chris said...

Blogs like yours help me find inspiration for the journey and fundraising I am doing to fight this horrible disease.

Chris
www.140miles.com

Anonymous said...

don't forget to do the edit I asked you to do....please....xx

Unknown said...

I have just read your blog and thinks it fantastic that you kept your sense of homour throughout your treatment. Recently diagnosed with HL and chemo starts Friday - very nervous but reading the blog it provided me with more "honest" info than any booklet. I am determined to remain positive, and looking forward to getting better

Anonymous said...

Dear Nells9, thank you for reading Chris' blog. He is pleased that he created his blog, it did help him and does hope that it will help people like yourself. Sorry that you have been diagnosed, please email if we can help in anyway, or if you want any tips off Chris.

Vickyx

Hope all goes well on Friday, my advice would be to take a bag with lots of food, snacks, reading material, ipod, ds. We had just ourselves and ended up starving and very anxious, a long wait as we didn't have anything to try and distract us.
chrisvicky@ntlworld.com

Anonymous said...

Nells9, Hope you got on ok yesterday, I think Chris's blog is something that could help anyone going through hodgkins.

Although I am Chris's sister in law, his blog helped me see things from the "inside", it answered questions that maybe sometimes I felt maybe difficult to ask, I felt and still do feel that his blog is definately a good thing, not just to other sufferers, but for the family and friends to keep updated on his progress.

I saw Chris today, he looks great!, and the first thing I said to my husband when I got in the car was that looking at him, I could not believe how poorly he was this time last year. He looks brill!

A blog may not be for everyone, but from a family point of view, when you see someone you love and care about going through hodgkins, you worry about saying the wrong thing, asking the wrong questions, but a blog like this, with Chris's honesty, the questions are answered, his feelings were explained.

Being able to post on his blog, I didnt have to ask him questions, but I could make it known that I had read what he had posted and I was aware of his thoughts without him actually having to say a word to me

Good luck xxx

Rachael x